Saturday, August 3, 2013

UPSIDE DOWN WORLD


Share |


 
Is there something you need more of?

What is troubling you?

2 Corinthians 12:9
My Grace is sufficient for you.

          Two days until our flight out of good ol' USA...our bags are packed, renters in place, children in tow, pug at a friend's home...everything has fallen in place....how? I think the Lord has set everything into motion. Going into missions takes planning, arranging, praying....it takes faith...trust...and a dependence....not on ourselves but on the one who made the universe. As my pastor has said so many times as well as working with VBS and hearing the leaders speak....We live in an upside down world. In this world, it's all about accomplishments, making lots of money, moving up to the next level in your company....after college, get your masters...after your masters, gets your PHD....Then make lots of money...raise perfect children...and a perfect dog...with a manicured lawn...so you look....PERFECT! I think this really grieves the Lord because we become so self sufficient. We become reliant on ourselves... What puts a smile on our maker's face? I think time with Him, prayer time, and dependence on Him and Him alone....and then He will make our paths straight (Proverbs 3:5).
          This morning I opened up my Bible to 2 Corinthians 12:9, and I read, "My grace is suffificent for you for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." How is this world upside down? Because when we buy into the world's ways....we miss out on the very thing we need. God's grace and God's power and quite frankly...GOD.  As my family prepares for our year in Cambodia...Kee and I say over and over to each other...let's rely on God's strength and not our own. This is my prayer for this year. Will you join me and do the same? 

May I pray? Lord Jesus, forgive us for doing things in our own strength. Protect us from the lies of the world of fame, fortune, money, prestige....and we surrender to the power of your might which only comes from being thankful for all the weaknesses we have. Put your love in each one of us today, and help us share your love wherever we go and whomever you put in front of us...may your word be a reflection from our actions! In your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment