Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Get Back Up!




Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:4

So my daughter just had surgery on her collar bone after breaking it  from a skiing accident. She has a plate and six pins in her...She has her arm in a sling, walking like a granny...and the words that come out of her mouth is, “This won’t stop me from skiing. I am not scared to ski again.” My eyes rest on her bandaged collar bone and trepidation runs through me as I picture her skiing again....fast....
The verse above talks about perseverance finishing its work so that we as believers become mature lacking nothing. Perseverance is all about not giving up...getting back up...in Sophie’s case...on the skis...I know of a 8 year old girl whose spleen was punctured open when a horse accidentally kicked her after she was thrown off. She was in emergency surgery and survived the kick...only to get back on the horse as soon as she recovered. She was in the process of persevering. 
In our walk with the Lord, we all come to bumpy patches and mess ups...saying things we wished we hadn’t, doing things that we said we would never again...in our mission work and working for the Lord...illnesses occur and real life threatening things happen. People die...My one friend has breast cancer but her chemo is almost over...praise God! Don't let these bumps stop the work the Lord has for you! He will give you the strength to persevere! 

Things to Think About:
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
John 15:1-2

May I Pray: Lord, Jesus, thank you that you are pruning me to be more like you! Please give me your grace during this process and do a mighty work in my heart! Continue to strengthen us so we can continue the work you have for us to do...Help us to accomplish the work you planned even before we were even born.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment