Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Help! I Need A Lighter Load!



Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 12: 28-30


Does this mean life will be labour free and super easy after we accept Christ as our Savior? I don’t think so. I think what this means is when we partner with Jesus and surrender our lives to Him, He partners with us and helps us carry all our heavy burdens and responsibilities. The weights become lifted as we no longer are living our own lives and are captain of our own ship. God designed us to need Him and worship Him. He created us to to BE OUR SAVIOR. As we ask Jesus to give our souls rest....He starts directing our hearts towards peace in all areas of our lives: peace in relationships, peace in our home, peace in the logistical things, peace in the chaos of our lives. Peace starts being important, and peace becomes real!!! How awesome is this?! When I was younger, peace was not that important to me because chaos and business was part of being young and alive. As I get older, I crave peace....I want it for my spouse, kids, family members, friends, as well as myself. 
The other part of this verse describes who Jesus is....gentle and humble. As we try to emulate Christ and to be gentle and humble...we come to the startling realization that as Jesus changes us to become more like Him....gentle and humble....our yoke and burdens do slowly become light because He gives us new Christlike characteristics of gentleness and humility. In time....yes...this takes time and is a process....God changes our thinking, and our old selves of self centered thoughts get diluted....God becomes bigger in our lives.... Our thoughts become more like His, and this attitude adjustment creates a new rest in our souls, and our yoke becomes easy and our burdens light when we repent and in return are forgiven by Jesus. Sound too good to be true? Try for yourself...Ask the Lord to be your Savior, repent of the things you cannot change yourself and the very things that get in the way of God working through you....and then just rest in knowing God will show up for you! Just wait and see....the Lord is real!

Things to Think About:
In what areas would you like to see more gentleness and humility in your life today? 

MAY I PRAY? LORD, humble us and give us gentle spirits! You are the Potter, and we are the clay! Come into our hearts and start a new work in our hearts! Change our hearts to become more like you. We realize this is a process and doesn’t happen overnight. Come and do a mighty work in our hearts and change our attitudes to be pleasing to YOU! THANK YOU for what you will do in each of our hearts and lives! In JESUS name, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment