Friday, February 15, 2013

Skiing in Fog....

     


Your Word Is A Lamp to My Feet and a Light for My Path.
Psalm 119:105

          Have you ever skied in total fog? Or imagine this....being in an airplane with no visibility....you look outside the window and see white....you look out the other window and see more white....you can't see. Well, today I was skiing and I couldn't see anything except the skies my boots were in. The visibility was so poor that all I could see was....nothing. I'd squint my eyes hoping to see the boundaries of the trail....nothing.....I had to ski in small increments to make sure I was on the trail. The fog was so thick it was like skiing with my eyes closed. My family and friends started beeping each other so that we could tell where everyone was by the sound of their beeps. We continued on for about thirty minutes until we could see something that looked like a house in the distance. We continued on and reached the "house" which was really a huge boulder. After some deliberation of everyone in our party we managed to make out some stakes in the snow with bright orange tape on the tips. We found our way.....
          Sometimes we lose our way. But God promises us that no temptation is too great that He hasn't provided a way out (I Corinthians 10:13). Sometimes our up is really down and vice versa....we all go through bumpy patches in our life or seasons in our life where wherever we look we see fog. We try to listen to the advice of others but that still appears foggy......what do we do? How did you know I was going to say that? We turn to the Lord even in the blankness of what we see or hear. We turn to the Word and read and pray and listen to the voice of the Lord. We also go to trusted friends and ask for help....God uses so many things to help us....our friends, our family, professionals, doctors, teachers, pastors....we weren't meant to do life alone. 
          
 Things to Think About:
The Word is A Lamp Upon My Feet That I Might not Sin Against Thee.


May I Pray? Father, I don't know which way is up or down. Help me! Lead me! Show me which way to go....Change me.....Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment