Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Preparing to Move...



Therefore go and make disciples of all nations...baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19

    • Mission Trips PowerPoint 

    • As my family and I are in the stages of moving to Phnom Penh many thoughts and emotions come to mind. I am praying we will be a blessing there...please keep us in your prayers...this morning I went to my daughter's nursery school to pick up her little yearbook, and I went into the director's office to say goodbye. This is what I found on her board....

 I Am a Christian.

When I say that "I am a Christian," I am not shouting that "I am clean living." I'm whispering "I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven."

When I say "I am a Christian," I don't speak of this with pride, I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say "I am a Christian," I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say "I am a Christian," I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say "I am a Christian," I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches. So I call upon His name.

When I say "I am a Christian," I'm not holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace...somehow!


With these thoughts my family and I prepare to go to Cambodia....bringing with us the grace we have received....

May I Pray? Father in heaven, thank you for your grace in all our shortcomings and sins. Please continue to have mercy on us and lead us to where you would have us serve with the strength you give us. I pray that you would protect my family and me in Cambodia...I pray you give us the love and mercy to share with those you put in our path. Thank you for this opportunity to serve you. And continue to give us your discernment, wisdom, understanding, and knowledge as we go and make disciples no matter how flawed we are . We trust you. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment