Friday, December 14, 2012

BEING ON A TEAM!

Royalty Free Stock Photography: Christmas carols. Image: 17027737
I will never leave you nor forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5
           Christmas is in the air.....my Christmas tree is up...the stockings are hung, my garland drapes on the railings with red and green bows in place....My daughter and I left a church yesterday, and there was a beautiful life size nativity set on the front yard: Three wise men bearing gifts, Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus with sheep, a donkey and even a cow! I love Christmas not only because of all of this or because of the beautiful Christmas lights. I love Christmas because truly this is when our Savior was born 2012 years ago! 
One of the sweetest things my husband says to me is this....”We are a team,” or “We are partners!” I love hearing this because we choose to make decisions together, and also there is such harmony when I hear the word TEAM. Or when one of us is down, we boost each other up! God is so awesome as He really has made my hubby and me into a wonderful team! God also desires to be in a team with each of us! This verse above promises to us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. Sometimes we don’t feel the presence of God nor do we do our daily spiritual disciplines. But Jesus is always with us. He lives inside each believer. We just have to pause and commune with Him...pray to Him, wait on Him, and look for Him. 
Having God partner with us and being on the GOD TEAM is where I want to be. This is why I love Christmas....I think when I say Merry Christmas, what I really mean is, “God is with you!!! Don’t ever forget He loves you!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment