Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Savior Came as A Baby


Christms Saying   What Child is This

So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.
John 1:14
            As we enter the Christmas season I am reminded of the significance of the birth of Jesus. Why did Jesus have to come to earth? Why of all things....as a baby? My simplest answer of all is this.... because we (all of mankind) needed a Savior...and He is Christ the Lord. With all due respect....I don’t care how much money you make, what you look like, how smart you are, how accomplished, talented, humble, modest, wise, gorgeous, faithful, how many people you have led to Christ or helped, etc....we all need a Savior. Because we all fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) our sin separates us from God. God knew this dilemma, and the only way He could resolve this was to send Jesus to take all the punishment for us when He died on the cross. On the third day He rose again, conquered the grave, and put Satan under his feet. But the biggest surprise of all...He was sent in the form of a baby.
           Who is this God that I serve that came to earth as a baby? I am reminded that, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts,” declares the Lord (Isaiah 55:9). 
           For this reason, this is all the more reason to trust God and not lean on my own understanding. I could have never imagined in a million years God coming to earth as a baby, and born to a virgin of all things! And a star in the sky that led three wise men to Jesus? God provided that star just like He provided the manna in the desert for the Israelites. Just as God provides for you and for me, past, present, and future. What is your greatest need today? What are you lacking sleep over? Go to God with it and earnestly and thankfully ask Him for His provision! Pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17). Be thankful when God provides in His perfect way! Whatever you do.....I repeat....whatever you do....just be thankful and don't complain...well....like most people....you will probably forget how He has provided for you in the past and you have another need....you like I....will start complaining....but maybe this time around you and I will remember....that God always provides!!! Be patient...He will provide!!!
           Tomorrow is my mother’s 70th birthday. I am spending the day with her. I am reminded of God’s provision for her as she became a widow at the young age of 42 to parent four young daughters by herself. That was 28 years ago. I can honestly say Emmanuel....God was with us....Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment