Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Star...




Follow the star
like...
The wise men...



                                                                                               John 3:16
          
          Christmas is 6 days away!  I went to the butcher today and ordered my Christmas dinner meat...gonna make a 

crown of pork chops....16 to be exact. Added a few more presents under the tree...and I gave my mom a beautiful star pin  

for her to wear especially during the Christmas season in years to come. So last week my daughter and I visited a life 

size nativity scene on the front yard of a church we visited. I have pictures of my daughter touching the gifts that the 3 

wise men brought to Jesus. The 3 wise men travelled far and long following a bright star that God provided...the star that 

would lead to our Savior Jesus!  The pin I bought my mom is the star of David...the bright star...the glory of God that the 

wise men knew...perhaps through a revelation from God where the King of Kings would be born.
 
          Last week’s tragedy in the small town of Connecticut broke the hearts of everyone around the globe. We mourn the 

loss of 20 Innocent lives that breathed their last breath in an instant. I turn on the tv and radio, and I hear about all that is 

being done to rectify future instances like this one. In the dark of this crime....I can’t help but to look for  the star...look for 

the glory of God....look to my Savior....Jesus....except now He reigns in our hearts and is everywhere if we seek and 

search for Him with all our heart. A few of my friends e-mailed me a beautiful poem an anonymous person in Southern, 

PA wrote. It goes like this:

A poem to remind us what it is to know The Lord and what we have to look forward to...

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. 
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. 
They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
 “Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. “This is heaven" declared a small boy. "We’re spending Christmas at God's house”. 
When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. 
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. 
And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring those children all flew into the arms of their King 
And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. 
And as if He could read all the questions she had, He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad. 
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe, 
Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land!
 “May this country be delivered from the hands of fools” “I’m taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools! 
Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around.
Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. 
And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “in the midst of this darkness,” I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

          My pastor said something so true on Sunday...we don’t know why God allows some things to happen, and why he stops others from happening. We will know one day in heaven. He said that even during the time of Jesus's babyhood, Herod issued that all baby boys be slaughtered under the age of two! And in the little town of Bethlehem, the number of baby boys that died by the sword would be around 20. So evil isn't new....but God has a purpose and a plan. 

          All I know today is TO continue on the example of the three wise men 2012 years ago...look to the star of Jesus. Look to find where God is and search for Him just as the wise men did to Bethlehem. In the darkness of what happened last Friday, the light of God is still among us. I am going to choose to focus on the LIGHT and follow it to my Savior. 

          MAY I PRAY? JESUS, YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. YOU CAN TAKE THE DARKEST OF TIMES AND FLOOD IT WITH YOUR LIGHT AND LOVE. WE PRAY FOR THE FAMILIES OF ALL THE CHILDREN WHO ARE NOW WITH YOU! WE PRAY THAT YOU WOULD COMFORT THEM AND SEND PEOPLE THEIR WAY TO WALK WITH THEM IN THEIR GRIEF AND TIME OF SORROW. YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS BECAUSE YOU GRIEVED IN THE GARDEN OF GETHSEMANE. YOU FELT THE DEEPEST OF PAIN. WE PRAY FOR YOU TO SHAPE OUR NATION, OUR SCHOOLS, OUR LEADERS, OUR PARENTS AND LOVED ONES. WE ASK THAT YOU SHINE BRIGHTLY IN OUR HEARTS, SO THAT WE MAY SHARE YOUR LOVE WITH ALL THOSE WHO COME IN OUR PATH EACH DAY. WE PRAY THAT WE MODEL THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR US WITH OUR CHILDREN, FRIENDS, SPOUSES, AND PARENTS. TEACH US YOUR WAYS AND POUR YOUR WISDOM, UNDERSTANDING, AND KNOWLEDGE UPON OUR NATION AND UPON EACH OF OUR WOUNDED HEARTS. WE NEED YOU!!! IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment