Friday, December 21, 2012

I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS AFRAID....


AHHHH.....GOD PROVIDED A PLACE FOR MARY TO HAVE THE BABY.....

JESUS......


The Lord Is With Me. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? 
Psalm 118:6

IMAGINE YOUR LIFE IN DANGER...HEROD’S SOLDIERS ARE CHASING AFTER YOU, YOUR WIFE ON A DONKEY WHO IS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH.....NOW THIS IS A FEARFUL SITUATION.


If I were Mary I would be in massive uncomfortableness...barely being able to hold myself on a moving donkey. Then emotionally thinking soldiers are after my baby and me. And If I were Joseph...I would be thinking...Lord, help me get to where I need to go....this donkey is moving so slow...Mary is going to deliver any moment, and I don’t have a bed for her...will this baby survive? What about the blood, and what do I clean it up with? Yup, fear would be on the scene....

Fear can paralyze us....it can make us go down weird alley ways in our minds...Our minds wrap itself around fearful thoughts whenever we get bored or have too much to do...anxiety might set in and bam!...Fear has taken over...or....you think of something far off in the distance and your mind plays tricks on you of what COULD  happen....and then wham!...The father of lies has you right where he wants you...stuck...WALLOWING....spinning....sad....depressed....quiet...isolated..

But God tells us do not fear! We have to take an active stand and squash fear before fear squashes us! God says in Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of good courage; do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. Many of you as well as my family have and will go off to foreign lands over seas in 3rd world countries...some safe and some unsafe...I just got a newsletter from our friends serving in Ethiopia as full time missionaries for five years....just driving to work and back each day is a peril. We have to ask God to help us recognize our fears and then for God to remove them...I don’t know about you...but sometimes I don’t even know I am fearful...I just start acting all weird...or ooze grouchiness....lately I asked the Lord...please show me how I am fearful so that God can work with me on this. 

MAY I PRAY? Omniscient Father Jesus....you have told us countless times to not be afraid...but often times we are....thank you for coming down from glorious heaven into our world...contained in a bodily servant’s form...to live among us...teach us...disciple us....and then to die for us...for our sins...so we could commune with you each day...THANK YOU!!! I ask that you would help us come face to face with our fears, acknowledge them, accept them, and then release them into your hands..so you can do away with them. In Jesus name we pray...AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment