Tuesday, May 7, 2013

HOT DOG!


I Praise You Because I Am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made.

Psalm 139:14



Do you ever look in the mirror and sigh......at your receding hairline? Or notice it's been a year since you cut your hair?  Or frown....at your peppered grey hair? Or suck in at your bulging belly? C’mon...be honest....we all critique ourselves too harshly. I know I do. When I was in middle school, I remember slouching and bending my one knee extra low because at the Korean church my family attended, I could see the top of everyone’s head. I kid you not! I felt like a GIANT...ABNORMAL...STICKING OUT LIKE A FISH OUT OF WATER...AN ELEPHANT AMONG MONKEYS....OK YOU GET THE PICTURE... I saw the top of Mr. Kim’s head. The top of Mrs. Kim’s head, the top of Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee’s heads and the entire church for that matter. Ok, maybe there was one high school boy who was 6 feet tall but the rest were midgets...so at least that is what I thought. Today I stand at 5’7”, and I can finally say I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The grass is always greener on the other side. My lovely daughter is 5’4” and wishes she were taller. I tell her my story at church....I baffle her...we are all unhappy with something! 

My point....we are all made in God’s image! We truly are fearfully and wonderfully made! Do yourself a favor and take care of yourself because when you do, you are really thanking the Lord for making you in His image. Color your grey (if you want), eat healthy....if you choose....lose those 10 extra pounds that become thirty in your fifties....or read that book that sharpens your mind. You are God’s child...treat yourself with some pampering today. You are the only one who can....

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
You are God’s masterpiece.
Ephesians 2:10
Do you believe it?
Then act like it....:)

MAY I PRAY? Father in heaven, thank you for making me....me! Thank you for putting your very image in each one of us! Forgive us for complaining that we are not good enough. You made us....HOT DOG!!! IN JESUS NAME....AMEN.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! I needed that reminder because all day long I fail at being perfect. God has been reminding me everyday that He loves every part of me. Thanks for the reminder that I need to love myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Arlene,
    You are a masterpiece!! Every time you take time to care for yourself...you are replenishing your soul and filling yourself up...Remember, love others as yourself...and when you love yourself fully, you can love your family and others fully. Having said that....we are all on this journey, and we are all learning to love ourselves better and to love others better. We are not perfect....sometimes when I get really still and am on this autopilot of overachieving...I have to take a step back and ask God to show me when I've done enough. And I can see the red flags waving frantically when I'm over doing it....It's whether I listen or not...We were never meant to do all and be all....God has his part in all of our affairs...He wants to be a part of our dealings in HIS WAY....xoxoxox Susan

    Keep on keeping on:)))
    Susan

    ReplyDelete