Saturday, May 25, 2013

Who Are You...Anyway?


                                                                                                                             Share |





                                        

Eiffel Tower
Ephesians 2:8 
            I was walking in the airport today and noticed a lady with a cool pink t-shirt on. It read, I  AM WHAT I AM...Cool shirt I thought. Never saw that one before ...The question for all of us today is....who are we? We are who we are...But...Who are you...really? Are you a businesswoman, a doctor, a lawyer, a missionary, a teacher, a waiter, a student, a nurse, a beautician, are you corporate, a businessman, a pilot, a dancer, a musician....an artist...a humanitarian...a mom....a webmaster....a cook...a secretary....a landscaper...a mailman...well...who are you? Maybe jobless....and quite frankly...that’s ok.

In Psalm 139, David writes a beautiful description of who God is...where David was...and where God was...when he and we were created. He says that God  saw him before he was ever born...created him and knitted him together in his mother’s womb. That he cannot hide from God...and get this....can count how many hairs are on our head...now that’s detail people. It goes on to say that God is there in the darkest of night and that God’s hand will hold him fast. 

In today’s culture we are all defined by what we do and what we have accomplished or not accomplished. By how much money we have or what cars we drive or how much service work we have done... We define ourselves by our degrees and job titles and status of being fabulous or not so fabulous... but this is not who God says we are. We are first and foremost HIS....HIS CHILD....WONDERFULLY MADE...HIS MASTERPIECE....Take a deep breath in...close your eyes...and remember you are A child of the Utmost High....that is enough...So the next time you start thinking about what you have to be or do or attain to feel okay with yourself....stop yourself...breath...and remember...You are enough....You are who your creator made you to be:) A masterpiece! 



Things to Think About:

Psalm 139

I created you in your inner most being....

Do you believe this?



May I pray? Father, thank you for creating me exactly the way you did! Thank you for my life! Thank you that you created me with a purpose. Forgive me for complaining that I am not good enough....Remind me each day that I am your child...and an image of you.  In Jesus name, Amen!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! In fact, the book project I'm working on is about this very subject - Who am i? Each chapter will look at who God says we are: i am His Masterpiece, i am an Ambassador, i am the Bride, etc.
    I love how you end your posts with a prayer. Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan!! I can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete