Monday, May 20, 2013

MR. COLO


Patience concept -

The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these...you did for me."
Matthew 25:40

I met Mr. Colo today...he was in charge of watching the kids after school. He was watching and playing with a handful of kids...like 6. There were four kids on swings, and he was pushing all four of them...with genuine affection. He gently corrected little Jimmy for not being nice to Liz. He told Sally to say sorry to Johnny because that was the right thing to do. I pulled Mr. Colo over and commented on how kind and patient he was with the kids and what a great job he was doing. He said he realized that getting upset and yelling doesn’t do anything because one can’t really think clearly when all upset and angry. Mr. Colo proceeded to tell me that he likes to think things through and recognize that little Jimmy has behavior issues and is only two. By him getting upset, he said he felt selfish because if God is patient with him, he wanted to at least try to be patient with little Jimmy. Mr. Colo told me he is homeschooled and a junior in high school. Wow...Mr. Colo sure is wise.....:) 

Things to Think About:
Who are the “least of these” in your life?

May I Pray? Jesus, thank you for Mr. Colo and the love he has for you! Bless him for serving the least of these and impressing your love onto their little hearts! I ask that you give each one of us the love to serve the least of these wherever we are...at work, at home, in the mission field...forgive us for wounding others in our impatience, and make us more like you...slow to anger abounding in love! In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Susan,
    Mr Colo make my heart warm.
    love,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne,
    You make my heart warm too!
    love you,
    susan

    ReplyDelete