Thursday, November 22, 2012

Give me a grateful heart....Lord!



Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer ad supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Phillippians 4:6


                 Last night was our Thanksgiving service at church. Every year our church has a Thanksgiving service the night before Thanksgiving, and we all share with the rest of the congregation what we are thankful for. My husband and I both shared how we are thankful for the fact that we pray together. Also that we have God among us which helps us in our relationship with each other. We mentioned we were thankful for the small groups that we are in at church. Being in a group where we come together and grow together and work out “problems” together has been priceless. 
          Today is Thanksgiving, and I have a sweet story to share. Yesterday my three year old Isabelle had a Thanksgiving parade at her school. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and braced myself for a “Thanksgiving” day before Thanksgiving. So emotionally, I was not at a very good place and was determined to stay there for maybe another day:) All  the parents were asked to go to the gym and wait for the kids to come out for the parade. I had my iphone in position and was ready to take some pictures and a video still determined that it was ok to stay in my not so jolly state.... I have my rights:) The teachers came out with the kids behind them in an array of paper feathers in pilgrim hats and cute paper bag pilgrim costumes. One baby had pretend braids on his cute little bald head. My daughter was holding a sign of what she was thankful for. She was dressed like a pilgrim....how sweet....But here’s the kicker.....the song the little children came out to was this....”Give thanks with a grateful heart...give thanks to the Holy One....give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ His Son.....and now.....let the meek say I am strong.....let the poor say I am rich....because of what the Lord has done.....for US.....Give thanks......” It’s as if God himself came down into the gymnasium and shot an arrow of grace and forgiveness and love into my stoney heart. My eyes filled with tears, and the rest is history. God is alive and living and wants us be grateful for all things for this is the will of Jesus Christ for us. 1 Thessalonians 5:18. I am so thankful that God is not finished with me yet and has me in the palm of his hands! What a royal mess I can be....Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment